What is Diabetic Retinopathy (DR)?
DR is a microvascular and neurodegenerative complication of diabetes
- Leading cause of preventable blindness among working-aged adults.
- Responsible for 12% of all cases of blindness in Europe and the USA.
- Affects 1 out of 3 persons with diabetes mellitus (DM).
- 387M people with DM in the world, estimated to increase to 592M people in 2035.
- 145M people worldwide and from 22 to 30M of Europeans suffer from DR.
- 3%-10% of DR patients will have diabetic macular oedema and 30% of them will have visual impairment.
- Development of innovative formulation strategies for ophthalmic drug delivery.
- eco-Friendly Formulations.
- Patent protected.